The FCC is a compendium of internationally recognized standards for determining the purity and quality of food ingredients. It is a valuable resource for authenticating a wide variety of ingredients, including processing aids, preservatives, flavorings, colorants, and nutrients. The FCC is revised and updated through an open collaborative revision process involving industry, government, and the public. Learn more about the FCC development and revision process.
Important Information About Your FCC Online Subscription
On September 1, 2016, USP launched a new enhanced FCC Online platform, coinciding with the release of FCC 10,
As part of an ongoing effort to improve compendial products based on user feedback, the new FCC Online features include:
- Search enhancements
- Simpler navigation
- Bookmark and search saving
To access these enhancements, FCC Online users need to create/login with an 'Access Point' account that has a valid subscription key. 'Access Point' accounts are individual user logins that allow for workspace personalization and single sign on with other USP compendial products such as FCC Forum.
Note: The new FCC Online requires IE 11 or Google Chrome.
Accessing the FCC Online
Step 1: Get your Company's Subscription Key
- Step 1a: Click the Get Subscription Key button. Enter your company's current subscription Username and Password in the pop-up box.
- Step 1b: Within the pop-up box, click the Convert button and then copy your new subscription key.
Step 2: Create an Access Point Account and Link Your Subscription Key to Gain Access
Note: If you already have a USP Access Point account that you use for other on-line free resources and applications (FCC Forum or Pharmacopeial Forum), please go to Step 2b.
- Step 2a: To create a USP Access Point account, please click here. Upon creation of your account, an activation link will be sent to your email account for confirmation. Please complete confirmation and then continue with Step 2b.
- Step 2b: Click here to add the subscription key to your USP Access Point account.
- Step 2c: Click here to access the Food Chemicals Codex Online.
- Step 3: Please note: If you have purchased a multi-user subscription to FCC Online, please be sure to provide the subscription key and the instructions for setting up new FCC Online accounts to all users who need to access the FCC Online.
New and Renewing Subscribers
- If you are a new or renewing;FCC Online subscriber, you will receive a subscription key by e-mail. Have this information ready for your first login to the new FCC Online.
- A USP Access Point account is required to login to the new FCC Online. If you do not have a USP Access Point account, create one here. Upon creation of your account an activation link will be sent to your email account for confirmation. Please complete confirmation to activate your account.
- Click here to add the subscription key to your USP Access Point account.
- You will use your Access Point e-mail address and password to enter the new FCC Online.
- Please note: If you have purchased a multi-user subscription to FCC Online, please be sure to provide the subscription key and the instructions for setting up new FCC Online accounts to all users who need to access the FCC Online.