Food Chemicals Codex (FCC) Compendial Notices are designed to inform stakeholders of the changing status of FCC monographs, general tests and assays, and other FCC standards-setting initiatives. Compendial Notices include General Announcements, Notices of Intent to Revise, and Publications Corrections.
Notices are generally posted at the end of the month, but can be posted at any time depending upon the urgency of the notice. The "New Notices" section includes the most recently posted Compendial Notices in chronological order.
- Immediate Standard: Ethyl Alcohol (posted 12–Oct–2020; effective 01–Nov–2020)
General Announcements are posted on USP's website to provide FCC users with general information about the FCC, Supplements, FCC Forum, or other USP standards-setting activities related to food standards.
- Publication Announcement: FCC Online: Missing Reference Standard Information in FCC PDFs (posted 01-Sep-2023)
- Publication Announcement: Impact of Extended Implementation on FCC Platform Starting on December 1, 2020 until June 1, 2021 (posted 20–Nov–2020)
- Publication Announcement: FCC 12 and FCC 12 First Supplement: Revision and Effective Status (posted 13–Nov–2020)
- Publication Announcement: Comment Deadline Extended: June 2020 FCC Forum Honey Identity Standard (posted 25–Sep–2020)
- Publication Announcement: First Supplement to FCC 12 (FCC 12, 1S) Print Version (posted 28–Aug–2020)
- Publication Announcement: Extended Implementation and Comment Period Extension for USP–NF and FCC Publications (posted 27–Mar–2020)
Unavailable First-Time Official Reference Standards
The official dates of any FCC standards, tests, or assays requiring the use of the following new USP RS are postponed until further notice pending availability of the respective RS.
- Alginate-Konjac-Xanthan Polysaccharide Complex for Viscosity Identification
- Blended Polysaccharide for Viscosity Identification